Smart Charging Lockers Eliminate Device Downtime for Students at Los Angeles Unified School District (LAUSD)
Mobile devices are critical to education, but when a student or teacher doesn’t have a working device, it can halt learning. Addressing the effects of device downtime is no longer optional, and forward-thinking schools like Los Angeles Unified School District are getting students back to learning faster by implementing Smart Charging Lockers from PC Locs.
Los Angeles Unified School District (LAUSD) Smart Locker Project Overview
Phase 1 Rollout
What started as an idea to solve device management during school shutdowns has evolved into an in-person and remote learning program that will reduce device downtime caused by lost, forgotten or broken mobile devices.
"Device downtime means less classroom instruction, and the students lose valuable class learning experience," said Phillip Lucero, Senior IT Business Efficiency Analyst at LAUSD.
LAUSD, the second largest system in the US, turned to PC Locs to provide students and educators with access to ready-to-use devices anytime they’re needed. As part of their phase 1 roll-out, the District is deploying 1,800 PC Locs FUYL Tower™ 15 Smart Charging Lockers across all of their school sites.
The District’s Department of Information Technology and their technology reseller partner worked with PC Locs' Strategic Account Executive, Vince O’Rourke based in the US office, to fulfill their investment. Together, the three partners devised a successful deployment plan to deliver, configure and install 300 Towers each quarter over the 2022-2023 school years.
"After vetting different vendors and companies, we felt that [PC Locs] was the best fit and product option for the district. Once we started working with Vince from [PC Locs], it was clear we picked the right company and product for LAUSD."
– Phillip Lucero, Senior IT Business Efficiency Analyst at LAUSD
Smart Lockers save schools time and money by automating loaner programs, providing students with self-service devices, and ensuring device accountability. Students at LAUSD will get back to learning faster while also affording IT team members and faculty more time to focus on impactful, strategic projects.
FUYL Tower™ Smart Charging Locker Highlights
- Flexible, Multi-Use System: Used for broken device exchanges or check-in/out programs.
- Centralized, Web-Based Portal: Admins can view and manage all Towers remotely from one portal, PC Locs Cloud.
- Contactless Device Exchanges: 24/7/365 access to devices saves time for students, teachers and IT.
- Device Accountability: Tower activity is tracked in the PC Locs Cloud’s event log, reducing breakage and loss.
- Roster Management: Manage end users with the internal directory, via an LDAP-compatible directory such as Active Directory or through a native integration to Google’s directory services.
- Help Desk Integration: Easily integrate the PC Locs Cloud with systems like Incident IQ and One2One Manager for end-to-end device management.
- Secure: Data integrity, physical and network security, and resiliency are a top priority.
- Lifetime Warranty: FUYL Towers are backed by a lifetime warranty.*
- World-Class Customer Service and Support: Our knowledgeable, friendly team promptly assists with any questions or issues that may arise.
Ready to trim your workload?
Contact us to learn how the FUYL Tower can make all the difference.